Economic calendar news events indicator for NinjaTrader 8
Improve planning your trades by seeing on your NinjaTrader 8 charts when the economic calendar news events get released.
Knowing when the economic news events are released is an important information used by most traders as some news events are increasing the market price volatility. It is possible to see the news release schedule from different websites but this forces the trader to remember the time of announcements. Seeing the news release schedule directly on the chart helps timing the trades better. Also, some prop firms restrict to trade around some news events so seeing these restricted times on the chart make it easier for the trader to comply with the rules.
You will get two indicators with your purchase:
- One indicator to show the economic news events scheduled for the current week.
- One indicator to show the historic news events released.
When you click on the small dot at the bottom of the chart for an event, you will see the news event details.
Each indicator can be customized as follow:
- You can select the source of the economic calendar from either Forex Factory or MyfxBook.
- You can select which news impact level to show on your chart.
- You can customize the color and opacity of each news impact level.
- You can show only news release from specific country.
- You can show only specific news title.
- You can customize for how many minutes before and after the news event you want the see the news release.
version 3.0 – November 23, 2022
- Fix reading Myfxbook files. Please note Myfxbook do not output the previous and forecast values to the csv file anymore.
- Now when loading the indicator to a chart, the chart text color and background color are used for the news event text boxes.
version 2.2 – August 10, 2022
- Fix a bug that was causing news events to be duplicated depending of the Windows Date and Time format.
version 2.1 – August 9, 2022
- Fix an issue related to the Windows Date and Time format.
version 2.0 – July 3, 2022
- In the past there was one indicator for the current week news events and another indicator for the historical news events. Both indicators have been merged into a single indicator to make it easier. There is now an option on the properties window to show or hide the historical news events.
- The news dot size is now customizable to make it smaller or bigger from the new property called ‘News events dot size’ on the properties window.
- Add preset option to change the indicator name to make it smaller and more meaningful.
- The news data is now fully automated for Forex Factory, no manual intervention required for the historical news data.
version 1.2 – February 8, 2022
- Now support Windows screen resolution scaling different than 100%.
version 1.0 – September 10, 2021
- Initial release.
By purchasing this Product you get a lifetime License for one computer. You also get one year of free updates. At the end of this year of free updates your product will keep working normally, however you will no longer have access to the updates for free. The purchased version and updates will be downloadable from your My account page on this website.
Whenever you wish, you can purchase an update license at 80% to 90% discount of the Product regular selling price to extend your license with another year of free updates.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied, we’re not satisfied. That’s our commitment and your risk-free 30 days 100% money back guarantee.
This Product is compatible with NinjaTrader® 8 only.
All prices are in US$.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
By purchasing this Product, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to all Terms.
“NinjaTrader® is a registered trademark of NinjaTrader Group, LLC. No NinjaTrader company has any affiliation with the owner, developer, or provider of the products or services described herein, or any interest, ownership or otherwise, in any such product or service, or endorses, recommends or approves any such product or service.”
For the indicator “Economic calendar news events for this week”:
- If you select ForexFactory as source, the news event file is automatically downloaded from the Forex Factory website for the current week.
- If you select Myfxbook as source, you have to manually download the news event source file from the Myfxbook website by following these instructions.
For the indicator “Economic calendar news events historic”:
- You need to create the csv file that contains the historic news for both Forex Factory and Myfxbook.
Both indicators (current week and historic) contain the following settings:
Show events with Country same as Instrument Currency:
When this option is selected, all the news events associated to the same currency as the instrument currency will be visible. For example, if you are looking at a CL chart, all news events related to USD will be visible on the chart. If you are looking at a Forex instrument, all the news events related to either the base or the quote currency will be visible. For example, for EURUSD, all news related to USD and all news related to EUR will be visible on the chart.
Filter by instrument to event Country:
This setting allows you to specify which news event currency should be visible for each instrument.
You need to write the filter as follow: Instrument,Currency,Currency (separated by a comma without any space)
For example, if you want to see the news events related to EUR on the CL chart you will type:
If you want to see the news events related to both EUR and CAD on the CL chart you will type:
If you want to set multiple instrument, you need to separate each instrument with a ; without any space. For example to see all EUR news events on the CL chart and to see all EUR and CAD news events on the ES chart you will type:
Filter by instrument to event Title:
This setting allows you to show specific news events title for an instrument.
For example, if you want to see the API Crude Oil Stock Change on the CL chart you will type:
CL,API Crude Oil Stock Change
if you want to see multiple news event titles for an instrument, you need to separate each title by a comma without space as follow:
CL,API Crude Oil Stock Change,EIA Crude Oil Stocks Change
Show only events that match above Title filter:
When this setting is active, only the news events that match the active filter defined in the ‘Filter by instrument to event Title’ setting will be shown on the chart. This setting is useful if you trade for a prop firm that restrict to trade around specific news events (news title) for some instruments. It could be also useful if you want to backtest a strategy based on a specific news event.
Minutes before the event to highlight:
This setting allows you to specific how many minutes before the actual news release time the color shading band will be visible.
Minutes after the event to highlight:
This setting allows you to specific how many minutes after the actual news release time the color shading band will be visible.
Re-read news source file every # hour:
This setting allows you to specify after how many hours the news event source file will be read again by the indicator.
Note: every time you change the chart instrument or interval, the news events source file is read again by the indicator. This setting is useful if you leave a chart untouched for long period of time to force a refresh of the news events source file.
You can change the band color from the “Highlight area color” and it’s opacity from the “Highlight area opacity (%)” settings for each news events impact.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.